Unverifiable Apple Store stories are coming in in droves these days. From the celebrity who demanded several free iPods because she’s “a celebrity, dammit!” to the staff member who insists Apple never sold any black Macs, stories from Apple retail that cannot be corroborated are all the rage.
Not to be outdone, Crazy Apple Rumors Site has sent its squid-like tentacles out and snared these tantalizing Apple Store tales that may be real but have not be checked.
- At the Westfarms Apple Store, an Apple Genius flew into an insane rage when the 23rd customer that day left a C out when saying “PCMCIA.” He took four hostages and demanded a sack full of Scrabble Cs and a getaway car before he was wrestled to the ground by two 18-year-old mall security guards.
- Four Power Mac G5s got up and just walked out of the Shadyside Apple Store one day last fall. Just walked out. Damnedest thing you ever saw.
- The undead rose under the powers of a zombie master and wandered the aisles of the Clarendon Apple Store, making several purchases and then staying to watch a theater presentation on iPhoto.
- The Southcenter mini Apple Store was stolen in its entirety and sold out of the back of a 1978 Lincoln town car, with the staff and customers still in it.
- A 12-inch PowerBook G4 was returned to the Rockaway Apple Store because of a warped frame and was immediately replaced without question. With a vat full of pudding large enough to be of equal value, per the terms of Apple’s standard return policy.
- The Glendale Galleria Apple Store was forced to reveal to the Casual Corner that it had an illicit affair with the Victoria’s Secret, but noted “it meant nothing, baby, nothing.”
- A blueberry USB hub was finally purchased after sitting on the Tyson’s Corner Apple Store shelf for four years.
We will pass on all unconfirmed Apple Store stories as they come in.
This is a rumor site after all.